- Presentation on "Meaning in Machines" at the Boise Code Camp, 2019.
- Awarded a grant from NSF to research and develop a child-adaptive search tool with Boise State Colleagues Dr. Jerry Fails, Dr. Sole Pera, and Dr. Katherine Wright
- Boise Startup Week Tech Track Panelist for "AI in Academia and Industry" Boise, Idaho, October 2018
- Clearwater DevCon Invited Talk, October 2018
- Presentation at "Physicially Situated Intelligence" Workshop at Microsoft Research, Redmond, Washington
- Panelist "Physically Situated Dialogue Special Session" at SigDial, Melbourne, Australia
- Invited talk at YRRSDS 2018, Melbourne, Australia
- Invited talk at the Micron Data Science Seminar, Boise, Idaho.
- Presentation on Neural Networks at the Boise Code Camp, 2018.
- Invited talk for the Interaction Lab at Heriot-Watt University, Edinburgh, UK
- Invited talk at the Dialogue Systems Group seminar, Bielefeld University, Bielefeld, Germany.
- Invited talk at Senior Seminar in the Boise State University Department of Computer Science.
- Presentation on Natural Language Processing at the Boise Code Camp, 2017.
- Invited presentation on Data Science at the Python user group meeting at Boise State University.
- Moved to Boise, Idaho to work as an assistant professor at Boise State University in the Computer Science Department
- Successful Ph.D dissertation defense, committee members: David Schlangen, Philipp Cimiano, and Marcus Kracht.
- Reviewer for various conferences and grant proposals.
- Talk at CITEC workshop: "From Robotics to Cognitive Interaction and Beyond"
- Invited Talk at SFB Colloquium Series, Stuttgart, Germany.
- Talk at Bielefeld University Linguistics and Literature Department Colloquium.
- Invited talk at CITEC AI Club meeting, Bielefeld, Germany.
- Reviewer for ESSLLI Student Session, ICMI, SIGDial, EMNLP
- PhD 'Provider' for the DAAD (German Academic Exchange Service) RISE program.
- Invited Talk at HRI-Europe in Offenbach, Germany
- Reviewer for ICMI+Workshops, Language & Computation ESSLLI Student Session.
- Three-month internship with Honda Research Institute, advised by Kotaro Funakoshi.
- Organizing committee for the Young Researchers' RoundTable on Spoken Dialogue Systems (YRRSDS) which took place in Metz, France in conjunction with SIGdial.
- Reviewer for ICMI+Workshops.
- Talk at the Bielefeld Linguistic Colloquium, Bielefeld, Germany
- Invited talk at the CITEC "Robot Anthropology: Emergent technologies and questions of human sciences" workshop, August 2-3, Bielefeld, Germany.
- Attended the ESSLLI Summer School.